HOW CAN WE HELP?
Have a look on most common questions
To get our rates for shipping a letter, a parcel, or a pallet, provide all required information in the "Start shipment" box:1.
- Fill in the address of departure and destination (Country + City / Postal Code)
- Check the "Business address" box if the shipment is from and/or to a company address.
- Pick the number of packages and indicate the weight (in kilograms) and the dimensions (in centimeters)
- If you want to assign several parcels of different sizes and weights to the same order, just click "+ Add parcel" then enter its weight and dimensions
- Click on "Compare prices " to obtain our price offers
We do not provide the materials for packing your goods. Packing is at the expense of the sender. The parcel must be ready for shipping when you place your order. Please consult the packaging advice provided just below this general FAQ.
If the receiver is missing on our first attempt at delivery, the parcel is returned to the agency (the local distribution center). Depending on the selected transporter, the parcel will be kept in the agency for between 5 and 10 days or another delivery attempt will be made the next day, and the day after. If there is no news from the receiver, the parcel will be returned to the shipper at its expense.
To reschedule another delivery, the receiver can get in touch with the transporter directly and work out a new delivery time with it. The parcel can also be held available at the distribution center for collection.
In other locations, and for shipping to a private recipient, the parcel can be delivered to a "relay (pickup) point"
The receiver of the shipment can also place an order himself by using the same process as a shipper.
Before assigning an order, he first needs to know the weight (in kilograms) and the dimensions (in centimeters) of the parcel to be sent, and ensure that the sender will be:
- equipped to print out the shipping documents
- on the place on the day of parcel pick up
There are various reasons that might justify why your parcel has been inspected at the customs:
- The Pro-forma invoice attached to the shipment is not accurate enough or the information does not correspond exactly to the content. We recommend you to be as specific as possible when you give specifications about the content of your parcel (indicate the material/matter, origin of the product - for instance, cotton shirt made in France). Do not hesitate in showing the customs code for your product directly if you know it (what we call the HS Code).
- Goods shipped require a specific license / specific authorization for import.
Note: The release may require the payment of customs duties and VAT for any exported goods (including personal effects & samples) when the point of departure and arrival are not in the same economic zone, whatever the reason for shipping.
For anything held at the customs, it is usually up to the receiver to reach the express company for the destination country. Please give the exact contact of the receiver (local telephone number + email address) so that the customs or transporter contact him easily.
- The sender can handle the duties and taxes but only if he has a professional account with the express company providing the service.
- Duties and taxes are determined according to the country of origin and destination but also the type of goods being transported; more often than not, these taxes are due to the driver on the final delivery. If you do not have an account, the administration charge (between €10 and €22) can be asked by the transporter.
If the sender's address is incorrect or inaccurate, the operator may be incapable to reach the pickup address. In this case, please contact DocShipper by contact form in order to arrange a new collection of your goods on the following day, and complete the missing information (door code – office hours – floor, etc.)
If your parcel has not yet been handled by the express company, it is normal that tracking is not available because the monitoring of your shipment begins when the parcel is scanned. The pickup scan can be carried out when the driver picks up the parcel (if he has the required tools), or in the agency when the driver drops the parcel af completing his round.
If the collection region is remote, the tracking of the parcel will appear on the day after pickup.
Express companies do not support a delay in the strict meaning of the word. When they insure a specific delay it means that they will do everything to try and meet the announced time slot.
Also, note that our agreements with express companies do not allow us to obtain refunds for late deliveries because of the preferential rates that we offer.
Their responsibilities do, however, to view an excellent chance that the delivery delay will be met, but are not to be considered as an absolute guarantee. Note that our partners (UPS, DHL and FedEx) use to respect their leads times in 96% of our order.